Our familiarity with UVA's resources will help lead you in the right direction
Tips and Tricks for Orientation
Scheduling your classes
You probably already know that SIS is used to sign up for courses. If you've been overwhelmed, confused, or frustrated while using it, we've got some tips.
- You can use the SIS Help Center to become a SIS expert. Here, you'll find answers to most "How do I... in SIS?" questions.
- To visualize your schedule as you plan it, you can use uva schedule | me or the scheduler from theCourseForum.
Finding your way around Grounds
UVA Grounds, in its entirety, is large but manageable. Here's some tips to make sure you get to the right place.
- The authoritative reference that can locate almost every place is the UVA WebMap.
- If you need a bus to get somewhere, you can track UTS buses using UVA Transloc. (also available on iOS and Android).
- UVA students can also ride on any of the Charlottesville Area Transit's (CAT) routes for free with a UVA ID. (also available on iOS and Android)
- If you've got a smartphone and need directions on the go, then try the UVA app (iOS and Android).
- An alternative to the UVA app is the Campus Maps app. Unlike the UVA app, its sole purpose is to provide directions (iOS and Android).